Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Family appeals for help to bury their brother and nephew

Today I met a family at the shopping center in Bakersfield, California near the Auto Zone. They were holding signs that read "In loving memory of Cruz Martinez". The sign holders first caught my husband's eye then my attention was turned to the two people that I saw standing there. My husband was going into the Auto Zone to pick up a some parts so he told me to go by the "leading of the holy spirit" on what I should give to these people. When I approached the first woman, I knew it wasn't about what I could give in meager dollars, but what I could offer to do for them in aiding their cause. I was moved in my heart to offer to share their story on my website and facebook pages. I agreed to assist them in their fund raising efforts.

This was a very hard story to hear as I watched Cruz's sister, his aunt and his niece as they struggled with their emotional and physical exhaustion in efforts to raise funeral money by holding signs on the roadside. His sister's grief was so deep. She told me she misses her brother so much and can't believe this has happened. He was so young and has four little children who love him so much.

This is a very difficult time for his family so please reach deep into your hearts and share your compassion with them. They just want his body laid to rest with a proper funeral. Help in whatever way you can and may God bless you.

Cruz Martinez was murdered on November 15, 2010 at age 26 leaving behind four young children, a wife and a grieving family.

On behalf of Cruz Martinez's family, Angels for Gabriel is appealing for your help to pay funeral expenses.

Greenlawn Southwest
"Cruz Martinez"
2739 Panama Lane
Bakersfield, California 93313-3721
Tel: (661) 834-8820

Donations can be sent directly to the funeral home if you have a credit card or checking account. If you wish to make a donation in person, please visit the funeral home and tell them you want to pay on the Cruz Martinez account. If you do this, please notify me at angelsforgabriel@gmail.com so we can track the donations. For those with paypal, send it via angelsforgabriel@gmail.com and let us know if you need a printed receipt or an electronic one for your gift. We are a not for profit organization with tax exempt status. Please note that any donations we receive for paypal will be paid to the funeral home until the entire $8,485.24 is covered.

The funeral is scheduled for December 3rd or 4th, pending the payment of costs.

As of today, two of Cruz Martinez's killers still remain at large. Please pray for justice so his family can have peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates